- Blue Ant Media launches its version of The Smithsonian Channel on November 13, 2013, with a requisite promotional stunt. The Smithsonian Channel was formerly Equator HD/eqhd, one of the four High Fidelity HDTV channels subsumed by Blue Ant Media in 2012.
- Gerry Dee tweets about his CBC New Year’s Eve standup special, which tapes Friday, November 15, 2013 at Ottawa’s Centrepoint Theatre. There are 7:00 PM ET and 10:00 PM ET shows. Tickets are $49.25, including taxes and service charges.
- W Network will air an eight-episode, half-hour reality series from Force Four Entertainment starring Shannon Tweed-Simmons, and her daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons. This show honestly reads like A&E’s Gene Simmons Family Jewels reformatted for both CanCon, and a female audience. The show shoots in Vancouver, Whistler, and Los Angeles, and debuts on W sometime in 2014. Gene Simmons will make cameos, which is as much a spoiler as “bran is a good source of fibre”.
- Tony Parsons winds up his CBC News Vancouver anchor duties on December 20, 2013, as he announces his retirement. Tony Parsons first anchored for Toronto CTV flagship station CFTO from the late 1960s, to the early 1970s (the Internet is indeterminate on specific years). From 1974-78, he was the west coast correspondent for CTV National News. Parsons is best known for his stint at CHAN (d/b/a BCTV/Global BC) from 1975 to 2009. Most recently, Parsons was both CBC News Vancouver 5:00-6:30 PM PT news anchor (2010-13), and CHEK Victoria 10:00 PM PT news anchor (2010-13). Parsons left CHEK in June 2013.
- The 2013 Digi Awards nominations.
Latest posts by Cameron Archer (see all)
- Online Promotion | CBC Gem, Netflix January 2019 premieres - December 14, 2018
- Trailers | “The Macra Terror”, Doctor Who season sets - December 8, 2018
- Trailers | Letterkenny Season 6, Travelers Season 3 - December 5, 2018