I used to link to press releases on Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, and Facebook. As an experiment – and since my attempts at non-Twitter-based social media come up croppers – URBMN will publish roundups of Canadian television press releases. People like it when you regularly update a site.
- Following a tradition of introducing new items at a late hour, Made in Canada‘s fifteenth-anniversary reunion will be held at the Canadian International Television Festival. The reunion features actors Rick Mercer, Peter Keleghan, Leah Pinsent, Dan Lett and Jackie Torrens, executive producer Gerald Lunz, writers Edward Riche and Mark Farrell, as well as director Henry Sarwer-Foner. The Made in Canada event starts at 6:00 PM, on Saturday, November 16, 2013. As a bonus, here’s some CITF promotion from CP24, on Stephen LeDrew’s Live at Noon.
- Sphère Média Plus, the production company behind both English and French-Canadian versions of 19-2, announces a new business structure. Essentially, SMP will have new corporate affairs, finance, and human resources executives.
- Netflix expands its deal with the National Film Board of Canada. The new titles are documentaries. All NFB titles already on Netflix are renewed, as a result of this deal.
- Sitcom Rink Rats is currently in development with CBC Television.
- Stornoway Communications’ ichannel formally launches Inside Joke as a television series. Inside Joke, a half-hour show, is an extension of ichannel standup comedy series No Kidding, and will air on ichannel starting June 2014. Jeff Leeson is the show’s host.
Latest posts by Cameron Archer (see all)
- Online Promotion | CBC Gem, Netflix January 2019 premieres - December 14, 2018
- Trailers | “The Macra Terror”, Doctor Who season sets - December 8, 2018
- Trailers | Letterkenny Season 6, Travelers Season 3 - December 5, 2018