- Flashpoint returns for a fourth season on Friday, June 17, at 8:00 PM ET. CTV claims a date-and-time simulcast with CBS. “Encore” episodes currently air Fridays at 9:00 PM ET.
- Comedy Now! will begin its thirteenth season Saturday, June 4, at 10:00 PM ET. No further information has been given; I am presently looking into that.
- Dan for Mayor‘s second season premieres Sunday, June 5 at 7:30 PM ET.
- Hiccups‘ second season will have its first three episodes air Monday at 8:00 PM ET, starting May 30. The show will then move to Sundays at 8:30 PM ET, starting June 19.
- The Borgias will make its CTV broadcast debut Tuesday, June 21, at 10:00 PM ET.
- So You Think You Can Dance Canada‘s fourth season returns Monday, June 20 at 8:00 PM ET. The results shows begin Tuesday at 8:00 PM ET, starting July 5.
That is odd scheduling for both Dan for Mayor and Hiccups. Granted, The Big Bang Theory is DfM‘s lead-in, but 7:30 PM isn’t a peak prime-time slot. If Dan for Mayor and Hiccups‘ ratings drop from their first-season end levels of around 500,000, this strategy might blow up in CTV’s face.
I’m interested to see how The Borgias does on CTV. It kicks ass on Bravo!, but then, Bravo! is new to original scripted drama. Considering CTV is the second window, The Borgias might fare poorly in its network run, but I doubt that will happen.
I see The Borgias and So You Think You Can Dance Canada faring reasonably well, while Dan for Mayor and Hiccups won’t last the full season. Comedy Now!‘s on a nothing night, but that show’s essentially filler. At least there’s no Comedy Inc. this year, so small mercies.
- Online Promotion | CBC Gem, Netflix January 2019 premieres - December 14, 2018
- Trailers | “The Macra Terror”, Doctor Who season sets - December 8, 2018
- Trailers | Letterkenny Season 6, Travelers Season 3 - December 5, 2018